Museum with exhibits rooms that contains
relics from Japan's military conflicts and history until WWII.
Most of the displays are in Japanese only, with only large
placards in English.
This is the largest
room of the museum, that displays WWII aircraft, tanks, guns
C56 Locomotive No 31
in 1936 by Nippon Sharyo in Japan. Took part in the opening ceremony of the Thai-Burma Railroad
89 (1929) 150mm Howitzer Serial
96 (1936) 150mm Howitzer Serial
Zero Model 52 Manufacture
Number 4240 Tail No 81-161
20mm Cannon Model 99
From an A6M2 Type 21 Zero, with 60 round drum magazine. Donated
by John F. Dickson, a resident of Rabaul to Hino Motors in 1988. Donated
to the Yasukuni Jinja in April 1989 by Hino.
Great Exhibition Hall
This is the largest area
of the museum, that displays WWII aircraft, tanks, guns and relics.
Yokosuka D4Y1 Judy Manufacture
Number 4316 Tail Number "Taka"-13
Recovered from Colonia Airfield, donated to the museum in 1988 and static restored
MXY7 Ohka Model 11 (Replica)
Replica displayed hanging in the museum
Type 4 Kaiten Manned Torpedo
On exhibit in the large Exhibition Hall.
This Kaiten hull was abandoned after the war, and it was
donated to the Yasikuni Shrine.
93 Long Lance Torpedo
Japanese "Long Lance" torpedo, displayed
in front of the Kaiten
97 Chi-Ha Medium Tank
Recovered from Saipan and donated to the museum in 1975, and displayed today
3 140mm Gun
Recovered in 1963 from Battleship
Mutsu sunk off Hashirajima Island. Donated to Yasukuni ion June 8, 1981 by
those lost on the Mutsu.
and Canister From Type 4 (1915) 150mm Howitzer
These items belonged to the Kuroki
Battalion, 9th Heavy Field Artillery Regiment which was
annihilated in the battle of Saipan. This shell was discovered
on Saipan post war with a canister still loaded in the 150mm
gun when found. Recovered Japan, it became deformed from being lowered into
the sea to remove the gun power.
76.2mm Anti-Aircraft Gun Type 3 (1914)
from Salamaua in 1969 and donated to Yasikuni
Shrine in 1971.
88 (1928) 75mm Anti-Aircraft Gun
from anti-aircraft ridge south of Boram Airfield to the east of Wewak
Type 41 (1908) 75mm Mountain Gun
gun was used in eastern New Guinea (Papua New Guinea) by Utsunomiya's 14th
Regiment field artillery. Recovered from PNG and donated to Yasukuni Shrine.
4 200mm Rocket Launcher
Rocket battery attached to the Ogasawara Corps on Iwo Jima.
Salvaged hull section displayed at museum
321st Infantry Regimental Colors
Regimental flag, pole and chrysanthemum crest displayed at Yasukuni Museum, the only to have survived the war.
57th Infantry Regimental Colors
Tattered flag with only the fringes displayed at Yasukuni Museum