Malaysia Brewster Buffalo

Discussion about wrecks and losses as well as historic sites in the Pacific.

Moderator: Moderator

Mr.Chris
1st Lieutenant

Malaysia Brewster Buffalo

Post by Mr.Chris »

Hello Fellows:

I've heard Gary Larkins had found a Buffalo in Malaysia. Said it was fairly complete, but no pictures. Said he would have video of it on the site. Whateverhappened to this plane? Was it recovered?

Thanks,

Mr.Chris

Buzzking
Sergeant

Post by Buzzking »

Yep he found not only one but two I've seen photos of one of them he is still working on getting the paperwork completed to do the recovery's.

As everyone know getting paperwork completed for anything in the greater Pacific has gotten allot harder thanks to a few folks out their.

Don't worry it will be saved soon or later.

Daniel Leahy
Lt Col

Post by Daniel Leahy »

The following page on the Air Pirates' site indicates that the wreckage of W8202 had been found:
http://www.airpirates.com/gallery/Malaysia/Buffalo_info

This Buffalo collided with AN171 while both were serving with 453 Squadron (RAAF). Both pilots - Sgt G T Harrison (W8202) and F/O R H Wallace (AN171) - survived the incident.

Wallace was killed on 29 October 1944 after being shot down while flying 30 Squadron Beaufighter A19-216. He is now buried in the Ambon War Cemetery.
Daniel J. Leahy
Australia

AIR POWER ARCHAEOLOGY
http://www.airpowerarchaeologyc.com

Mr.Chris
1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr.Chris »

"As everyone know getting paperwork completed for anything in the greater Pacific has gotten allot harder thanks to a few folks out their."

It isn't that hard, you just gotta know the right people. Nobody out there really cares about some twisted metal. It's crazy to think you can restore a lot of that scrap anyway.

Buzzking
Sergeant

Post by Buzzking »

Mr.Chris wrote:"As everyone know getting paperwork completed for anything in the greater Pacific has gotten allot harder thanks to a few folks out their."

It isn't that hard, you just gotta know the right people. Nobody out there really cares about some twisted metal. It's crazy to think you can restore a lot of that scrap anyway.
Your an idiot you have no idea what the hell your talking about why not go play with your piece of crap Harvard that you stole from Pima. Yea I said it what you going to do about it Smoking Hole some of us know the truth behind how you got your aircraft nice way to get the paperwork arrange just right.

As for the Brewster they are far from a pile of twisted metal but then again your the moron who went off to Indo looking for B-24 wreck now weren't you.

Mr.Chris
1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr.Chris »

"Your an idiot you have no idea what the hell your talking about why not go play with your piece of crap Harvard that you stole from Pima. Yea I said it what you going to do about it Smoking Hole some of us know the truth behind how you got your aircraft nice way to get the paperwork arrange just right. "

Wow, brilliant!

Mr.Chris
1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr.Chris »

"As for the Brewster they are far from a pile of twisted metal but then again your the moron who went off to Indo looking for B-24 wreck now weren't you."

Wow! Do you work for the Nat'l Enquirer or what? Where do you get your info, amazing! I wasn't looking for a B-24. I've been twice, and I've found a bunch of Zeros. Had a great sipping martinis on beaches, and hanging out with beautiful native ladies. A wonderful place!

Daniel Leahy
Lt Col

Post by Daniel Leahy »

Hello All,

It seems that things have once again gotten themselves out of hand on the Forum. As I had posted in another thread here some time back...
...I understand that posts here may become quite heated, so we'll be keeping our eye out for any 'flamers' etc. Feel free to have your own say, though understand that others may view things differently. Both sides are entitled to their opinion and are entitled to post. If you can respect this - great - if not, then go somewhere else.
I'm all for a bit of a debate between members, however, 'flaming' and name calling etc towards other members will not be tolerated. If members are unable to accept this, then please, go somewhere else.

As of now, such behaviour will not be tolerated on this Forum. Offenders will have their accounts removed, their recorded IPs blocked from accessing the forum and E-Mail addresses banned from creating new accounts.

If anyone feels this is too harsh, please feel free to E-Mail or PM me directly.

For the moment this thread will stay open...
Daniel J. Leahy
Australia

AIR POWER ARCHAEOLOGY
http://www.airpowerarchaeologyc.com

Mr.Chris
1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr.Chris »

Yeah, I was trying to be nice, and debate like a sport. You didn't heard any vitriol coming from me. Just reasonable questioning of some false remarks.

Buzzking
Sergeant

Post by Buzzking »

Mr.Chris wrote:"As for the Brewster they are far from a pile of twisted metal but then again your the moron who went off to Indo looking for B-24 wreck now weren't you."

Wow! Do you work for the Nat'l Enquirer or what? Where do you get your info, amazing! I wasn't looking for a B-24. I've been twice, and I've found a bunch of Zeros. Had a great sipping martinis on beaches, and hanging out with beautiful native ladies. A wonderful place!
Wrong Chris when you decide to go on your little trip the first time you ask on Wixs about the location of the B-24 airframes and allot of folks told you that they weren't there any more you didn't believe us then. So you went off into the Woods to go looking for them. Would you like me to go and pull the thread and post what you said, or was that an bunch on BS that you said.

Mr.Chris
1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr.Chris »

I just asked, doesn't mean it was the primary purpose of the trip.

Laurent
Corporal

Post by Laurent »

Mr.Chris wrote:"I wasn't looking for a B-24. I've been twice, and I've found a bunch of Zeros. Had a great sipping martinis on beaches, and hanging out with beautiful native ladies. A wonderful place!
Chris,

As photos are always better than words, can you please post o few shots of the "bunch" of zeros you found. No need for location.

That way, at last, people would start believing you.

Ragards,

Laurent

Mr.Chris
1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr.Chris »

Hi Laurent:

I was thinking about recovering some of them, so I can't show any photos as that would compromise the mission.

Shaharom
Private

Buffaloes

Post by Shaharom »

Sorry guys.

The mention wreck Brewster Buffalo was no longer there. It was found by contractors who want to cleared the area to make a plantation. It was bulldozed and send for scrap ( which carried the same fates with other wreckage around Malaysia )..

If you have any info, please let me know.

Regards

Shaharom Ahmad
Malaya Historical Group

GOH KL
Private

Post by GOH KL »

Yup,

What Mr.Shaharom said was right.

The Scrap Hunters in Malaysia acted faster than the Relic Hunters.

Metal are in hi price now, even the lightning protector stell line was stolen from my office last week!!!

There was a Ki-51 Sonia parked nicely on an airfield near my hometown in last 10 years but now it was GONE to scrap hunters, the villagers told me. They even draw the scratch of the bomber with rear gunner position.

What a waste!!!

Goh KL
MHG