New Book About B-24s in the Pacific

Discussion about books, videos, DVDs, games and other media related to the Pacifc Theatre.

Moderator: Moderator

FinishForty
Sergeant

New Book About B-24s in the Pacific

Post by FinishForty »

I invite you to check out my new book, Finish Forty and Home. Finish Forty and Home is the compelling but little-known story of men and missions of the 11th Bomb Group and its operations in the vast Pacific. Laura Hillenbrand, bestselling author of Unbroken, had this to say in the acknowledgements of her most recent book:

"The author of the beautifully written Finish Forty and Home, Phil Scearce, knows the world of the AAF's Pacific airmen better than any other historian. As I wrote this book, Phil was singularly generous, sharing his voluminous research, directing me to sources, and helping me sort through many a quandary. I am forever in his debt."

Finish Forty and Home was the top prize winner at the 2010 Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference.

Read excerpts and more about the book here: http://www.finishfortyandhome.blogspot.com, where you will also find links to major booksellers. There is also a link to the book's Facebook page, where I have posted a number of interesting old photos which I hope you will enjoy.
Phil Scearce, author
Finish Forty and Home
www.finishfortyandhome.blogspot.com

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Re: New Book About B-24s in the Pacific

Post by Andy in West Oz »

Hi Phil

I hadn't heard of this book but as I read/collect in other areas, that is no surprise. It sounds like a superb read and I will keep an eye out for it. I recently bought Courage Before Every Danger, Honor Before All Men by Joanne Emerick. While my main focus is certainly not the USAAF, I took the opportunity to buy the book when in Hawaii recently and add it to my library. No idea what this 31st BG book is like as it is still in its plastic wrap. No idea when I'll get to read it either!

Good luck with your book. It is always pleasing to see a book so well-regarded by other authors.

All the best

Andy
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges

FinishForty
Sergeant

Post by FinishForty »

Thanks so much, Andy. I hope my book honors the men who served in the 11th. Can I ask my publisher to send you a review copy?
Phil Scearce, author
Finish Forty and Home

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Post by Andy in West Oz »

Hi Phil

Honestly, it is beyond the main focus of my website - British and Commonwealth aircrew - but I will be publishing a review for another USAAF book shortly so it wouldn't be too out of place as is suggested by my 'tagline' under the site's title banner. I will contact you via email to discuss further. If you haven't already, please have a look at my site to see if you think it is suitable for your book to be featured on. In particular, please check out these two reviews as they are currently the only American-related titles on ABR:

http://aircrewbookreview.blogspot.com/2 ... -beer.html
http://aircrewbookreview.blogspot.com/2 ... el_24.html

Andy
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges

FinishForty
Sergeant

Post by FinishForty »

"Finish Forty and Home" is now #1 on Amazon's list for Aviation Military History! My hope is that it will honor the World War II airmen whose stories fill the book's pages. The audiobook is also now available. I invite forum members to contact me if you'd like to have a signed book plate for your copy. Thank you! http://www.amazon.com/Finish-Forty-Home ... 732&sr=8-1
Phil Scearce, author
Finish Forty and Home