Valiant Air Command TBM Avenger N108Q

Information about Pacific Theatre aircraft currently flying or under restoration.

Moderator: Moderator

AvengerLover
Private

Valiant Air Command TBM Avenger N108Q

Post by AvengerLover »

On Saturday March 29th, 2014, TBM Avenger N108Q flew for the first time after being in restoration for over 10 years at the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum. The pilot was Michael B. Dunkel and he flew it out of the Space Coast Regional Airport in Titusville, Florida. Mr. Dunkel is a member of the Valiant Air Command and donated large sum of money for the restoration of that TBM Avenger.

But the interesting part is that it could not be confirmed that that Avenger received any FAA inspections prior to that flight. This is according to one of the directors of the Valiant Air Command. In addition, Mr. Dunkel will soon start his 5-year prison sentencing for his $4.4 Million take of a $30 Million NASA contract fraud scheme. So it's possible that that money he donated to restore that TBM Avenger came out of that $4.4 million from that NASA contract fraud scheme.

In addition he purchased a L-39 Albatross jet painted up like a Blue Angels airplane. He once stored it at the Valiant Air Command Museum but recently moved it down to South Florida. It was registered to a M&P Dunkel, LLC in Helena, MT but that registration was changed to an address in Naples, Florida. The address is for a Sandy B. Stuckley.

It's a shame when WWII aircraft were restored with ill gotten money. And it's another shame where the Commander of the Valiant Air Command is protecting Mr. Dunkel.

warbird
Private

Re: Valiant Air Command TBM Avenger N108Q

Post by warbird »

What do you intend to accomplish with this post? It is not the purpose of this forum to defame anyone or any organization. Your post is a combination of some facts, with an abundance of innuendo and speculation, but all of it is presented as factual. Do you have the moral backbone to identify yourself to the VAC and personally express your "concerns" ? Probably not. It's easy to make accusations anonymously when you know you will not be held accountable. Dunkel was recently convicted of a crime. In the USA there is a presumption of innocence until there is a conviction. I know of no organization that requires a criminal investigation of the donor prior to accepting donations. You have no way of knowing where Dunkel got the money he donated. No one does. So what did the VAC do wrong? For you to suggest the VAC knowingly took ill-gotten money to restore the Avenger is libelous. I know for a fact that the VAC refused donations Dunkel offered after his criminal indictment was made public. You accuse the Commander of the VAC of "protecting" Dunkel. Another libelous statement. How do you know what the Commander may have known or not known about Dunkel's personal life before it was made public? Are you even aware of steps taken by the Commander to disassociate the VAC from Dunkel? Apparently not.

As to Dunkel flying the Avenger on March 29, I inquired into what happened. He showed up unannounced and flew it. About a dozen people were there and nobody wanted to risk life and limb and confront him. I suppose if you are on your way to Federal prison you don't worry about the consequences of doing that. Your suggestion that the VAC condoned the flight, or even knew it was going to occur, is not only libelous, it is reprehensible.

I am a Valliant Air Command member, responding personally to your offensive post without the knowledge of the Commander or any member of the board of directors

omachrison
Private

Re: Valiant Air Command TBM Avenger N108Q

Post by omachrison »

Nice thought of that :)
BlazeVideo DVD Region Free can copy your DVD movies to hard drive for later viewing or backup at impressive speed.