One day on this site and all my questions were answered

Details about those listed as missing or killed in the Pacific, including current search operations.

Moderator: Moderator

piperl4
Corporal

One day on this site and all my questions were answered

Post by piperl4 »

I went on the Pacific Wrecks and in one day my questions were all answered with amazing detail. My Uncle 2nd Lt Daniel Webster David, was a co-pilot on a B25C 41-13130 and were on a strafing run over the airfield at Kahili Bougainville where the aircraft was apparently hit with AA fire. No one saw them after that and his Aircraft as far as anyone knows was never found and he and the crew were declared Dead in 1946. There were 6 men on board and all were lost. I figure that they must have gone into the ocean where they remain to this day. I am indebted to the people who run this site and the program to locate the MIA's from WW II and just maybe someday they will find the aircraft wreckage. The pilot was a 2nd Lt George E Gunson if anyone is searching for that name. I even got a map of his direction of flight and heading. What I would like to find is the cordinates for the Kahili airfield as looking on Google Earth there remains a small strip, but I do not know if that was the WW II strip that they were flying a strafing mission on with 7 Aircraft. A search was conducted by other crews but nothing was ever found. I do not want the future generations for forget his loss and that is my motivation for doing this research. As there were 6 men on board I feel only fair to list their names as there loss was equal to my uncles and just maybe someone is looking for them also.
Pillot 2nd Lt George E Gunson
Co-Pilot 2nd Lt Daniel W Davis
Navigator 2nd Lt William C Montgomary
Engineer Sgt Clifford N Jones
Gunner Staff Sgt Don P Simiater
Gunner Sgt John A Chisholm

May they all rest in eternal peace
David O Henderson
piperL4@aol.com

piperl4
Corporal

Re: One day on this site and all my questions were answered

Post by piperl4 »

Just a note to thank all of you who have helped me find information on my Uncle. You all have been so gracious and helpful. Many things I had wrong but now found that after the war the wreck was indeed found but only 3 sets of remains were recovered but no way to indentify them. I am now trying to find out exactly where the wreck was and do not know if they recorded a lat and long with the accident reports.