Greetings A new member but a long time visitor to the site!

Meet the PWD online community

Moderator: Moderator

yank
Private

Greetings A new member but a long time visitor to the site!

Post by yank »

I am looking for some help on my continuing research that has spanned a good 8 years so far on a ditched plane that someone else keeps taking credit for and screws up the info... but that's another story for later. Sooooo, I got your attention right?

Here's my question(s):
Does anyone know the U.S. Navy PBY-Catalina units that were based on Kiriwina Island starting in1942? If so, does anyone know how I can access their reports, that is, if any do exist?

If I can get this information and hopefully glean pertinent data, I will make available the complete story to all members of this forum before it gets written up anywhere else. (And hopefully before a certain party posts another convoluted version before me!)

Thank you for any consideration you may give me for this request.

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Re: Greetings A new member but a long time visitor to the s

Post by Andy in West Oz »

Hi Yank, where have you tried already? Would the museum in Pensacola be able to point you in the right direction in terms of archives?
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges

yank
Private

Re: Greetings A new member but a long time visitor to the s

Post by yank »

Hello Andy: I do not know anything about Navy info so I am starting our cold. Your question regarding Pensacola will give me a good start! Thanks...