Greetings from Germany

Meet the PWD online community

Moderator: Moderator

Garoet
Private

Greetings from Germany

Post by Garoet »

Hello to all,

my name is Hendrik and I am the son of a former KNIL pre-war gunnery-sergeant !
His section 'A1Vd' coming from the town of Malang (Java) contributed to the allied force
'invading' the island of Timor 1942.

there seems to be a lot of members from Australia on PWF.
I wonder are there any who are collecting KNIL (Royal Netherlands-Indies Army) ?
This army was being present in Australia during the so called 'Reorganisation' 1942 - 1945.
Please contact me.

Something special: Company "BRAAT" in Soerabaja/Surabaia (now Indonesia) was producing warmaterial,
such as armoured cars, but also different (?) kind of helmets, ment for the Dutch Eastindies Army and
others (i.e. 'Homeguards'). I am looking for some documentation on this subject (paperprints, newspapers
from the NEI, books). These helmets became 'warbooty' during the Japanese invasion of Java in march 1942.
What did the Japanese doing with these helmets ?
Thanks in advance.

joad
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Greetings from Germany

Post by joad »

try here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/594514/

This page is a joint effort by Royal Netherlands Navy Warships of World War II and The Dutch East Indies Campaign 1941-1942. The purpose of this forum is to discuss and research the Pacific War. Topics about KNIL and Allied (armored) vehicles can also be discussed at The Overvalwagen Forum

Garoet
Private

Re: Greetings from Germany

Post by Garoet »

Thanks Joad,

but if you see the very few response and results on my topic 'Japanese warbooty on Java' .....I hope you will understand ?!
So now and then I join the topics on both sites !
My interests are Dutch-Indies military forces in Australia and Dutch New-Guinea during WW2.
Australia is very important to me (any guys from there who are collecting KNIL ?)
I hope I can learn a lot and may contribute to/from PFW .....!?
Thanks again