Borio Airfield No. 10 (Doboudra No. 10) was located to the south of Borio (Boru) and later North
Borio Airstrip No. 15 after it was built. To the south was Embi Creek. To the northwest is Dobodura and Horanda. Also known as simply Strip #10, Borio Airfield No. 10 or simply No. 10. During late 1943 or 1944, this airfield was sometimes referred to as Dobodura No. 15. Directly to the north was
North Borio Airfield (Dobodura No. 15).
Built during early 1943 by the U. S. Army as the first
of the runways constructed near Borio (Boru). This airfield was part of the Dobodura Airfield Complex. At the center of the runway on the southern side was the control tower.
During late 1943 or by early 1944, taxiways connected
this runway northward to Borio Airfield (Dobodura No. 11), North Borio Airfield (Dobodura No. 15), and southward North Embi Airfield (Dobodura No. 12).
American units based at Borio Airfield No. 10 (Dobodura No. 10)
475th FG, 433rd FS (P-38) Amberley August 14, 1943 - ?
Disused since the war.
According to local residents, U. S. Army nurses
and U. S. Army personnel were based in a compound near the runway.
Dobodura Special Air Corps Installations drawn by SSgt John E. Midkiff July 17, 1943 via 480th Service Squadron
Do you have photos or additional information to add?
September 24, 2018