|Radio Harold Rudolph
Crashed August 21, 1944 (?)
Built by Lockheed at Burbank, CA. Assigned to the United States Navy (USN). No known nickname or nose art.
Damaged by enemy fire on a mission to Shumshu
Island in the Kurile Islands, Returning, this aircraft crash landed on the Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia.
Fates of the Crew
The crew was interned by Soviet forces until returned to Alaska.
Possibly, this aircraft was PV-1 Ventura 49654 VPB-131 Attu lost February 20, 1945
List of Americans, British, and French military personnel detained by organs of the Ministry of State Security B-24 [sic] Aircraft, No 45509, formation No 75, landed 21 August 
1. Aircraft Commander 1st Lieutenant Jack Ralston COWLES
2. Co-Pilot Lieutenant Leonardo PANELLA
3. Navigator Lieutenant Millard Benjamin PARKER
4. Radio Operator Sergeant, 1st Class Harold Rudolf TONY
5. Gunner Sergeant, 1st Class John Robert MACDONALD
Are you a relative or associated with any person mentioned?
Do you have photos or additional information to add?
January 5, 2018