|Missing In Action (MIA)||Prisoners Of War (POW)||Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)|
|Chronology||Locations||Aircraft||Ships||Submit Info||How You Can Help||Donate|
On April 7, 1942 received at Long Beach, California. On April 13, 1942 received at Windsor Locks, CT. On April 29, 1942 received at Felts Field at Spokane, WA. On May 5, 1942 departed Felts Field. On April 25, 1942 received at Dallas, TX. On June 11, 1942 received at Lowry Field. On July 2, 1942 received at Scott Field then on July 27, 1942 returned to Lowry Field. On August 2, 1942 received by Colorado Springs then on November 2, 1942 received at San Francisco. Disassembled and shipped overseas to "Sumac" Australia and reassembled.
On February 27, 1943 assigned to the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) as Lockheed Lightning serial number A55-3. Repainted in a RAAF camouflage scheme of dark earth, dark green with sky blue under surfaces. Allocated to 1 PRU at Eagle Farm Airfield. Next assigned to Coomalie Creek Airfield to pilot by F/L C.C. Lawrie.
On March 21, 1943 piloted by Talberg on a photographic reconnaissance over Penfoei four five hours. By the end of March 1943, it was unserviceable with faulty intercoolers and then repaired.
Returning to combat, it flew a mission on April 18, 1943 piloted by Flt Lt P.B. Sinnott over Penfoei (5 hours). Next, April 20, 1943 piloted by Lt C.C. Lawrie on a photographic reconnaissance mission over Penfoei (4.40hrs). On April 21, 193 pilot Flt Lt W. H. S. Talberg on a photographic reconnaissance over Dili (4.15hrs). By the end of the month, unserviceable again with leaking intercoolers and was repaired.
On May 11, 1943 made a survey flight of Portuguese Timor piloted by Flt Lt W.H.S. Talberg, but the weather was unsuitable. On May 13, 1943 staged through Groote Eylandt Airfield for a survey of Frederick Henry Island and area, but weather unsuitable.
On May 15, 1943 took off from Coomalie Creek Airfield piloted by Sqn Ldr C.C. Lawrie on a flight to Groote Eylandt Airfield. On May 16, 1943 made a survey of Frederick Henry Island and the surrounding area, but weather was unsuitable. On May 19, 1943 returned to Coomalie Creek Airfield.
On May 22, 1943 survey of Kai Island flown by Flt Lt W.H.S. Talberg. Recalled due unsuitable weather. On May 24, 1943 piloted by Lt F. Robilliard on a mission over Portuguese Timor with poor weather. Finally on May 29, 1943 piloted by Sqn Ldr C. C. Lawrie on a photographic reconnaissance over Penfoei.
On August 22, 1943, received by 14 ARD for 240 hour inspection. On September 14, 1943 received by 1 PRU. On September 20, 1943 issued to the 5th Air Force at Eagle Farm Airfield and repaired. On October 26, 1943 repairs were completed and on November 1, 1943 returned to 1 PRU.
|Discussion Forum||Daily Updates||Reviews||Museums||Interviews & Oral Histories|