Do 24 Flying Boat
In the early 1930s, the Dutch Government commissioned Dr. Claude Dornier to design a flying boat for use in their colonies, particularly in Indonesia. The result was the Dornier 24, whose maiden flight took place on July 3, 1937. Sea trials followed and within months the 24 went into production.
By 1940, eleven were built by Weserflugzeugbau and flown to the Dutch
East Indies Naval Air Service Marine-Luchtvaartdienst (MLD). Twenty-six were sold to the Dutch de Schelde
and Aviolanda companies. 170 were produced in Holland for the German Luftwaffe, and 48 were built in France. Postwar, an additional 20
were built for Germany, and the remaining planes sold to
Spain, where the last Do24 remained in service until 1967.
Built between 1979 to 1983. On April 25, 1983 the first Do 24ATT made its first flight and was later donated to the Deutsches Museum.