|Missing In Action (MIA)||Prisoners Of War (POW)||Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)|
|Chronology||Locations||Aircraft||Ships||Submit Info||How You Can Help||Donate|
During July 11, 1944 transferred to the RAAF and registered as VH-AER but no serial number was assigned. The next day assigned to ANA and converted for civilian service at Essendon Airfield. Leased to Guinea Airways starting on January 29, 1945 until October 14, 1946.
Afterwards, sold to the NSW Department of Lands and nicknamed "Phillip F. Adams on November 3, 1965 then sold to Connair on July 13, 1973. Next to Fleetair Services of Tasmania on October 14, 1976 and IPEC on March 11, 1977, but remained in Fleetair colors until April 29, 1979, then nicknamed "Spirit of William".
Sold again to Masling Commuter Services during December 1979. Then to Racovolis Provedores Pty, Melbourne on February 12, 1980 and operated with Setair colors. During September 1980 to Cranways Pty and General Cargo Australia during 1981.
Transported by road to Adelaide and installed as part of a McDonalds Restaurant at Turner Drive, West Lakes SA on December 3, 1983. Displayed in the markings of VH-AER in 1948 colors. It was displayed there until the end of the 1980s. Finally, during 2000, sold to Jeff Morgan of Karoona, South Australia
|Discussion Forum||Daily Updates||Reviews||Museums||Interviews & Oral Histories|