Interviewing veterans

Information about veterans of the Second World War in the Pacific, including friends and family.

Moderator: Moderator

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Interviewing veterans

Post by Andy in West Oz »

Hi guys

I know this might be a long shot posting this here but I am trying everything as you never know. I am hunting air and ground crew veterans from WWII who live in Western Australia.

Like I said, a long shot as I know most of you are in the northern hemisphere. However, if you have ever corresponded with a veteran down here, please let me know. I am trying to record as many memoirs as possible before we lose them forever. Naturally, most of the contacts I have are RAAF and RAF but I will talk to anyone!

I have an airfield guard who looked after our Spitfires up north who is keen to speak to me plus I am on the trail of two gunners, one of whom flew in USAAF and RAAF B-24s. A friend has also reminded me that his Dad was a fitter on heavy bombers in North Africa.

This is another of my hare-brained schemes but it is actually getting off the ground!

Any advice also greatly received.

Cheers

Andy
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Post by Andy in West Oz »

Actually, any air force veterans in Western Australia (where I live) or Victoria (visit regularly) would be most welcome.

Cheers

Andy
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges