I promised an Old WW II Veteran friend to try to help him re

Details about those listed as missing or killed in the Pacific, including current search operations.

Moderator: Moderator

PADutchman
1st Lieutenant

I promised an Old WW II Veteran friend to try to help him re

Post by PADutchman »

I promised an Old WW II Veteran friend to try to help him remember a name, not an easy thing but, there is one thing that he does remember.

During the war and this friend served in the Pacific Theater in the Army Air Corp/Force, he heard of a Radioman who was a POW of both the Germans and Japanese being shot down.

He recalled the Radioman was shot down over Europe, was treated by the Germans for his wounds. One night he and two others escaped from the hospital in France. The French underground got him back to England. After under going a detailed briefing he was transferred to the Pacific Theater because he could never have been caught by the Germans again. Too many security issues.

Then the Radioman was shot down and taken prisoner by the Japanese. My friend believes he was kept at Shanghai.

This all happened a long long time ago and my friend is a World War Two Airman himself. His memory is not what it use to be. He served in the Pacific and he was telling friends this story but could not remember the persons' name.

I said I can not imagine there would could be very many with this kind of experience and I would ask on here for help.

Many thanks,