Pacific Wrecks Data Base Index

Discussion about wrecks and losses as well as historic sites in the Pacific.

Moderator: Moderator

Anthony J. Mireles
Captain

Pacific Wrecks Data Base Index

Post by Anthony J. Mireles »

Is there a stand-alone index for aircraft accidents on the Pacific Wrecks site like the one provided for the MIA aircraft?

It seems that unless you have a specific serial number, there is no way to just go to the listing of crashed airplanes.

For instance, say I wanted to look at a listing of all crashed B-17s in the data base, not just the MIA aircraft, is there an index I can go to? I can't seem to find one. I'm not the best computer guy, but unless I have a specific serial number, there seems to be no way to access the pile of B-17 accidents in the data base.

I have over 500 reels of microfilm of USAAF accidents for the Second World War. The Pacific Wrecks data base does have accidents and incidents not contained on the reels. Can someone help me or point me in the right direction so I can navigate the site better and get to the information I want. What am I missing here? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Tony Mireles

Anthony J. Mireles
Captain

Re: Pacific Wrecks Data Base Index

Addtional post since I can't edit my previous post:

Further, I have used the search mode on the Pacific Wrecks home page but this still does not help. The listing for aircraft is non-functional. Are all the airplanes in the data base listed in the month-by-month chronology?

TonyM.

Anthony J. Mireles
Captain

Re: Pacific Wrecks Data Base Index

Moderators,

Is there an answer to this question?

Any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony M.