daniel leahy

Discussion about wrecks and losses as well as historic sites in the Pacific.

Moderator: Moderator

jayhain
Sergeant

daniel leahy

Post by jayhain »

thanks for the info you sent me,ref.:42-40077,thought i would let you know that i did most of the research for tim alexander(he happens to be my best friend)however you were mistaken about the crew.ballou,ingerman,buie were not members of the regular crew of golden,ballou&ingerman were photographers and buie was a bomber command observer,that were assigned to go on this mission on golden's plane. does anyone know the exact location that goldens plane crashed...i know that sqdn ldr rundle found the crashsite,and you told who did the recover of remains. i still can't find the info on the crashsite,the crude drawing with macr4926 leaves alot to be desired,the discription is also suspect(6000 ft sw of hollandia aerodrome).i have yet to se rundle's full report on the crashsite(unless it just the single page i have).is there any possiblity of finding either a exact lat &long or a better map to show where it is?tim's freind in indonesia is tring to locate the exact crashsite,he also is the one that supplied tim with an account of the shotdown that is grandfather witnessed....his grandfather also stated that jennings stayed with his family before he was ratted out to the enemy,he also was the one that told of some remains &equipment that was recovered in the 80s-90s(ballou dogtag,a pistol, film,camera,and a skull)....skull was suppositly sent to capital. can anyone here help me locate the hq of the 6th imperial flying division between april 12-30,1944.thank you all your previous help earl....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!