Re:Japanese Type 94 75mm Mountain Gun

Discussion about wrecks and losses as well as historic sites in the Pacific.

Moderator: Moderator

rod mountford
2nd Lieutenant

Re:Japanese Type 94 75mm Mountain Gun

Post by rod mountford »

Hi Iam researching a Japanese Type 94 75mm Mountain Gun recovered from PNG. Am after any stats, info or whereabouts of any remaining examples in Australia or overseas. Cheers Rod

whitesharkseeker
2nd Lieutenant

Post by whitesharkseeker »

Hi, I am also researching Japanese 75mm guns, although more interested in the Type 96. I have excellent photos of a Type 94 taken at the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico VA. Not sure how to post pics, drop me your email and will send. Have lots of info on the type 94...what exactly are you looking for in terms of specs?

Drop me a note, Eric

rod mountford
2nd Lieutenant

Re:Japanese Mountain Gun

Post by rod mountford »

Hi i thought it may be a longshot asking for info on an predominately aero site. Glad of any info on the type 94. If you can email any info you have that would be great. Email is rodmountford@optusnet.com.au Cheers Rod
PS we hoped to get it conserved so any clues to paint type would also be great

second shooter
Private

Post by second shooter »

Hi Guys, i have a japanese mountian gun, it came to nz just after the war as a trophy, its in fairly good condition but missing the breach block and sights. im not sure what model it is, i have found photos of it with conflicting descriptions, it is the one with the screw breach and about a 2 foot barrel and little shield , split trails and pressed steel wheels. i tried to post a picture but couldnt do it. i may be able to email it if you are interested.
cheers tim

whitesharkseeker
2nd Lieutenant

Post by whitesharkseeker »

Rod,

Sounds like a Japanese Type 92 70mm howitzer, commonly called the battalion gun.

Like to see pictures.

-Eric

second shooter
Private

japanese gun

Post by second shooter »

Hi Eric, if you pm me with your email address i will send you a photo, im going to rebuild it this year if i have time, the worst part is the wooden inserst on the wheels, they have completly rotted away, the metal parts are in good condition, only a slight bit of shrapnell damage(i think that makes it more interesting)
cheers tim