Meet the PWD online community

Moderator: Moderator

Randy
Private

Post by Randy »

My name is Randy, and live in Hornbeck, LA. I am the Nephew of SSgt. Harvel D. Brown who went missing on a B-25D SN 41-29731, "Lil De Icer", with the 3rd Bomber Group of the 90th Bomber Squadron on Oct 30, 1942. My sister had started doing research and had attended a couple of meetings, 1 in Jackson, MS and one in Baton Rouge, LA. She gave me the Web Site for "Pacific Wrecks" and when I went and looked at all the time and work they had spent locating our POW/MIA's I immediately knew I had to become a member. Being a Viet Nam veteran myself and with friends still missing and listed as MIA's it makes me sad to think of those who gave all, to protect the rights and freedom of all of our great nation, and are still missing. We should never rest until all of our loved ones are brought home. Let us keep our missing and the wonderful people who is working so hard to locate our loved ones in our daily prayers.

Edward
Administrator

Re: S/Sgt Harvel Brown

Post by Edward »

HI Randy,

Thank you for posting here at the Pacific Wrecks forum. The crash site of "Lil De-Icer" is still an open case with JPAC. I have been researching the history of the 3rd BG for the past eight years and would be glad to share what I have on the crew of this B-25.

Edward

http://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/b ... 29731.html