Meet the PWD online community

Moderator: Moderator

Greg_Bouganville
Private

Post by Greg_Bouganville »

Hello all,
Just been directed to the pacificwrecks site by my brother. We Have both been on Bougainville, me as a visitor in 1973/4, my brother worked there for several years with his family. We have relatives who were involved in the war. Will have to go through my photos and see if I have anything relevant for you. Definite visits to Kieta, Panguna, Buin, Buka.
I live in Victoria, Australia.

Any how more later
Cheers,
Greg

punawan
Private

Re: New Member

Post by punawan »

Hi Everyone I am new here today.
I am interested in finding out more about our family history in PNG.
Put Put Plantation on the Gazelle Peninsula (Kokopo) was the family home of the Gilmores pre and post war. (Flo and Jack)
Also interested in finding out about David McEvoy (father) who was a Coastwatcher and who died and was buried in Madang in 1951 aged 34. His grave, we believe has been destroyed. It was in the Old German Cemetery and I saw it in 1981.
John Gilmore was also a Coastwatcher and I would love to hear from anyone who knows anything about the family or the plantation? I know that there are (or were) war wrecks on the plantation and have read all the stories on your site with great interest about them.
I would love to contact Brian Bennett if anybody has an email address for him please? I think I may have met him in Alotau some years ago? We are heading to Rabaul, Put Put and also back to Madang in May 2010 and would love to have some more information to take with us on our sentimental journey. Dave McEvoy Jnr has not been back to Rabaul since 1948 and Madang since '65. We are looking forward to being a part of this wonderful group of people and hearing from anybody who may have news?
Regards Punawan

evelynz8735
Private

Re: New Member

Post by evelynz8735 »

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !