Hello Everyone...

Meet the PWD online community

Moderator: Moderator

K2-Kelly
Private

Hello Everyone...

Post by K2-Kelly »

Hi All;

First off, thank you Justin for finally getting me on the forums, it has been a long battle to get here. As for who I am and why I'm here, it's more of a long pointless tale then anything so will save you all the trouble past my interest began based upon two answers sought...."Where was the gas cap on an IJAFC Type 3 Fighter (Ki-61), and how did the 78th Hikousentai camouflage their aircraft". Both questions simple enough, though discovering the pitfalls of WWII Japanese Aircombat research led me to look deeper, and as I did fell prey to my own vice of when not finding an answer instantly tending to research it to exaustion (of the information available). Lastly taking to heart my husband's teachings of selecting any subject and learning all I can about it (to improve my overall education), so here I find myself on your forum.

My area of interest is solely the 78th Hikousentai......That said, to understand them causes one to branch off to better understand their situation and history into researching the following as well; 14th Hikoudan, 6th & 7th Hikoushidan, 4th Koukuugun, Dai-Nippon Teikoku Rikugun Koukuutai (Japanese Army Flying Corps) as a whole, the U.S. 5th Air Force, New Guinea, actions in New Guinea, both Japanese (Ki-27/43/61 primary focus) and Allied aircraft, Ultra, Japanese reading/writing. etc., on and on, all things related in any form to the 78th....whew....I think I picked an "easy" subject poorly.

Anywho, that brings me to Pacific Wrecks as an outstanding resource on many levels. I've longed utilized the pages contained and will continue to do so, though also seek the experienced knowledge of the membership. My goals are simple in intent, that to be to learn all I can about the 78th Hikousentai. I have no aspirations of becoming and expert in the field, a writer, publishing anything, or historian.....I simply want to learn about this topic fully.

K2 / Kelly Kristian
78th Hikousentai Pest

K2-Kelly
Private

Re: Hello Everyone...

Post by K2-Kelly »

whoops....guess edit of posts is disabled should of spellchecked "exhaustion" ;)

K2
78th Hikousentai Pest